Friday, July 29, 2011

Lemon Poppy Seed Cake

Okay so I am FINALLY posting a recipe with some pictures. Thank goodness. I stole my sister's camera and my mom's computer and put it on a fancy plate that I got at the thrift store yesterday. I got 16 plates, so psyched out of my mind about them, I absolutely loveee them.
Anyway, about this cake. It's amazing. It's a bit strange, it shrinks up a ton once it cools, but it's rich and delicious and has thousands of tiny little poppy seeds which actually taste like something in this cake. Yum, yum, yum. Also, since it calls for 8 egg yolks, I made angel food cake (which calls for 12 egg whites) with the left-over egg whites. I had 4 extra yolks but I didn't have time to do anything with them after baking two cakes and making a mess of the kitchen.
The recipe is here, from Smitten Kitchen who I absolutely love. Her photos are incredible and I've made quite a few recipes from her blog and have loved all of them.
So yes, make this recipe as soon as possible, because it is delicious and make some angel food cake to use up the extra egg whites :)

No comments:

Post a Comment