Friday, October 29, 2010

Peanut butter cookies

I made these the other day for a friend who had never had peanut butter cookies before and he loved them. I had a couple too, and I have to say they were pretty awesome :P

Peanut butter cookies
adapted from Crisco.com



1 cup peanut butter
1/4 quarter cup shortening (I used Crisco just because that's what we had)
1/4 quarter cup butter, very soft
1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 3/4 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt

Note: The original recipe actually called for 3 tbs milk, but I forgot about it xD I don't really think it effected the recipe.

HEAT oven to 350°F. Combine peanut butter, shortening, brown sugar, butter, and vanilla in large bowl. Mix until well blended. Add egg. Mix just until blended.

2.COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt. Mix into wet ingredients just until blended. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2-inches apart onto greased baking sheet. Flatten slightly in a crisscross pattern with tines of fork. If the fork gets stuck, get it wet. I always just have a cup of water right there when I make peanut butter cookies.

3.BAKE 7 to 8 minutes, or until set and just beginning to brown. Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet. Remove cookies to cooling racks to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment