Sunday, October 24, 2010

Chocolate Crinkle Cookies


This is my attempt at a baking blog :P My name is Ryan and I am 18 years old. I've recently become addicted to interested in baking. It started about 6 months ago when I was bored, found an extra can of pumpkin in my cabanet, and decided to make pumpkin bread. I ended up making quite a few changes to the recipe and it actually turned out very well. Ever since then I've been hooked.
I'm going to post the recipes that I've made, but for now I won't post pictures as the only camera I have is my phone camera and the pictures are atrocious. I will try to borrow my sister's camera from now on to post pictures.
Soooo yeah, I guess I will get to the first recipe! :)


Everyone I've made these for has absolutely loved them. My mom, who hates cookies (bizarre, I know), raves about them. They're like brownies in cookie form, only better. I sometimes will add 1 tsp of cinnamon because I think cinnamon and chocolate taste amazing together, but either way they're wonderful and incredibly addicting. The original recipe makes 72, this is scaled down to 36. I usually make the full 72 and give some away to my friends at school because they absolutely love them. Enjoy! :)

Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Adapted from
Allrecipes.com

3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup white sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup malted milk powder
1 cup chocolate chips (I prefer milk chocolate but really anything works)
Confectioners sugar for rolling


1.In a medium bowl, mix together cocoa, white sugar, and vegetable oil. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, malted milk powder, baking powder, and salt; stir into the cocoa mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Place in freezer and chill for about 45 minutes.

2.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Roll dough into one inch balls with your hands. Drop each ball into confectioners sugar until fully coated and place on cookie sheet.

3.Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Let stand on the cookie sheet for a minute before transferring to wire racks to cool.

Be careful not to over-bake the cookies, they should be slightly underdone, when they cool they should have the consistency of fudgy brownies.

No comments:

Post a Comment