Saturday, December 11, 2010

Cheesecake cookies

Austen


I made these today. I haven't had one yet but apparently they're very good, according to my sister :P
I also made more bread today, but I doubled the recipe because I sent Daniel home with some.

For the cookies, I made half the batter plain, and half with mini semi sweet chocolate chips. They didn't come out very pretty, but that's ok.

Cheesecake cookies
Adapted from Baking Bites
Makes about 48 medium sized cookies
1 cup cream cheese, soft
1 cup butter, soft
1 3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips (optional)


Preheat oven to 325. Lightly grease a baking sheet (or line with parchement paper, but I ran out).
In a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until creamy. Add in sugar and beat until fluffy. Beat in eggs, salt, and vanilla extract.
In a small bowl wisk together baking powder and flour, slowly incorporate into cream cheese picture until well combined. Drop tablespoon fulls onto baking sheet, bake for about 11-13 minutes, until they just start to brown. Be careful not to over-bake.

Light and fluffy :P

No comments:

Post a Comment