Sunday, December 5, 2010

Brownies

Well, I was originally going to make some coffee cake this morning, but Daniel was out of milk. Sooo I made brownies instead. If we were at my house I would have added chocolate chips, because chocolate chips make everything better. I have 8 different bags of chocolate chips, actually. They are:
Nestle mint chocolate chips (which I got to make chocolate cookies for my dad with)
Nestle mini chips (I will be making chocolate chip pumpkin bread with these soon, hopefully)
Nestle butterscotch chips (I want to make these as soon as possible)
Heath toffee bits (I want to try them in shortbread soon.
Nestle chocolate chunks (not sure what I'll do with these yet...)
Publix milk chocolate chips
Giaradelli milk chocolate chips
Nestle white chocolate chips
I also would have put malted milk powder in them, too but they didn't have any here.
But anyway, they were still really good as they were. Hereeee is the recipe that I adapted from allrecipes.com


Basic Brownies
3/4 cup butter, melted
1-1/2 cups white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 eggs
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon


Preheat oven to 325
Combine all dry ingredients, set aside. Stir together butter, sugar, and vanilla until combined. Add eggs one at a time. Mix in dry ingredients slowly until completely combined. Spread in a greased 9x13" pan and bake for about 22-24 minutes. I baked mine for 22 minutes but I like them underdone.
They'd taste very good with nuts and/or chocolate chips too. :)

I don't have any pictures because the camera that I use to take pictures is at home. Oh well :(

No comments:

Post a Comment