Monday, November 22, 2010

Shortbread





I was bored when I got home from work today and decided to try to find a recipe to use lavender in since I just got some lavender the other day. I decided on shortbread. I wanted it to be lemon lavender shortbread but I didn't have any lemons or lemon extract so it was just lavender. It was pretty good, especially if you like lavender, but I think it would have been better with lemon.
I also made some with dried cranberries, chopped almonds, and chopped macadamia nuts. Those were SO good. Seriously amazing. Oh my haha. I used this recipe. It is crumbly but amazing. Whip it like crazy. I used probably 2-3 tbs each of both kinds of nuts and the cranberries for 1/3 of the batter.
For the lavender cookies I used about 1 1/2 tsp of culinary lavender. The last of the batter I just left as is.
I've made these with dark chocolate chips before, as well, and they were WONDERFUL. Definitely a great base recipe :) Not super sturdy but they literally do melt in your mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment