Sunday, November 28, 2010

Sandwiches and ginger cookies


I made some ginger cookies today, and they were pretty delicious!


The cookies were flatter than they are normally, I think because they had a little extra molasses (1/3 a cup instead of 1/4 cup) and a little less flour. I added about an extra cup of flour (it only calls for two, I used three), but I added 2/3 of a cup as I was mixing it, and then kneaded the other 1/3 cup in after it had chilled in the freezer for about an hour and a half. I know that's weird but I find it easier to completely mix it that way, since I don't have a stand mixer, and my hand-held mixer sucks so I generally just use a wooden spoon when making cookies.
Anyway, normally they're a lot thicker, but I still thought they were pretty good. They were chewier, but not oily like the first time I made them without the extra cup of flour.

We also made sandwiches because when I woke up I read a blog post from Joy the Baker (which may be my favorite blog ever), and I had a huge craving for a BLT. I started the ginger cookies and put them into the freezer to chill while we went to the store. We got turkey bacon, some delicious Boars Head lunch meat (which my dog later ate... so mad!), cheese, and tomatoes. Then we made some seriously delicious sandwiches.

They had lettuce, tomatoes (yellow and red... fancy!), havarti cheese, and meat. One had bacon, and one had pastrami. We each had one of the ones with pastrami and then split the bacon one. Yuuuum.

We also had some snacks.
They were all delicious. I love pretzel M&Ms SO much. They may be my new favorite candy. The pretzel part reminds me a little of a Whopper. Just in consistency, not in taste. It tastes like a pretzel and it is amazing. Coconut M&Ms are strange but also amazing. They're coconut flavored chocolate, they don't actually have any coconut in them. I thought that would be gross and artificial tasting but it's not. I ate almost the whole bag of chocolate covered cranberries... enough said :P
I've also discovered a new obsession... polymer clay. I was looking on Etsy, and they had some super adorable cupcake necklaces. I went to the craft store the other day and decided to get some to try it out. Oh my goodness so fun :P I'm not good at it yet, but whatever haha.

This was supposed to be a macaron (found the picture here) but I'm not sure if you can tell what it is :/
I made this donut for my biology teacher because he always makes the analogy that people are donuts, so I figured he'd appreciate this. He's pretty funny, he looks and acts like House.

No comments:

Post a Comment