Monday, November 22, 2010

Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Malted Milk Chocolate Frosting


A couple months ago I had a few extra very brown bananas, and didn't feel like making banana bread. I found this recipe online and decided to use it (I think I was out of eggs that day). It was super dark chocolate-y. I would be sure you really smash the bananas and make sure they're totally combined with the rest of the batter, unless you really want to taste them. I didn't smush them enough and there would be the occasional banana bit in there, but you really couldn't taste it other than that. Here is the recipe for the cupcakes.
I used the frosting recipe that was also with the recipe for zucchini brownies that I made. You can find it here. I added about 1/2 a cup of powdered sugar, 1/4 cup malted milk powder, and beat it until it was the correct consistency.
The icing is very sweet, but the cupcakes aren't very sweet at all so they balance each other out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment