Sunday, November 21, 2010

Peanut Butter Buttercream Filled Double Fudge Chocolate Cupcakes

Whew that's a long title!
I went to my grandparent's house today to help bake for Thanksgiving (she bakes so early and then freezes everything), and we made Peanut Butter Buttercream Filled Double Fudge Chocolate Cupcakes. The recipe is from Second Helpings by Johnnie Gabriel. The original recipe wasn't filled but I wanted to do this month's Sugar High Friday, which is desserts with a hidden surprise. So I made these filled :D Unfortunatly, I did not get a picture of the inside :(
I don't have the recipe online since I got it from a cookbook, but it was delicious and I'd imagine most of the other recipes in there are too. I looked through it and oh my goodness yum.
The cake part is very good, it uses coffee in the recipe which you can't taste but it give it a darker taste. It's also very moist. The frosting is amazing, so inredibly fluffy and creamy and just amazing. I wish you could see the inside, but you can just imagine :P
I used my grandmother's kitchenaid... I've never used one before and oooh my goodness it was amazing. Going back to our 15+ year old hand held mixer is going to be tough xD
Peanut Butter Buttercream Filled Double Fudge Chocolate Cupcakes

Total deliciousness

NOM NOM NOM


Also, I think I'm going to try to cook my way through some kind of cookbook. Haven't decided which one yet. I've been inspired by Julie&Julia :P I'm thinking "Giada's Family Dinners", because my family loves Italian food so I know it'd get eaten xD

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment