Monday, November 22, 2010

Rugelach


My grandma always makes these cookies for my dad on Christmas that she called nut horns, but are actually rugelach. She hasn't made them in the past couple years because she did something to her shoulder and it hurts to roll them out or something. He was having a bad day so I decided to make them. They actually turned out much better than I thought they would. They're not hard, but they are time-consuming, you'll probably need most of the day to make them. Well worth it if you have the time, though. They freeze very well, too.

I used chocolate chips instead of raisins, froze them for a bit, and chopped them well. After rolling them up and everything, I rolled them in the chocolate chip/walnut mixture.


This is the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment