Sunday, November 7, 2010

Banana bread

Super moist and sooo good. You could substitute 1/2 the oil for apple sauce if you wanted it a little healthier, but I didn't have any so I just used the full amount of oil.
I think my cook time was closer to an hour and 10 minutes, so set it for less and check it.
You could also add nuts to this, but I didn't as my family doesn't like nuts.

Banana bread
Adapted from Allrecipes.com

2 eggs
1/3 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 mashed bananas
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ginger

1.Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Spray one 9x5 inch loaf pan with non-stick spray coating.
2.Blend together the eggs, sugar, vanilla, buttermilk, oil and bananas.
3.Sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Stir into banana mixture.
4.Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment